19,107 - The number of individuals served through The Ada Jenkins Center in 2011-2012
You can make a difference. No gift is too small. Your tax deductible donation helps individuals and families struggling in our community. Your gift stays local and is life changing. A little goes a long way at the Ada Jenkins Center. We want you to understand the real impact and learn about the real needs in your community. We invite you to take a tour of the Center. To make a donation or to come tour, please contact Natisha Rivera-Patrick at 704-896-0471 x 100.
While we used to see only low-income families struggle with poverty related issues, we continue to see increasing numbers of middle-income families facing these same challenges.
Continuing instability in the employment market, rising fuel and utility costs, and the price of housing in our area force many neighbors to live paycheck-to-paycheck. Many clients come to the Center in a crisis situation. We work with them to end the immediate crisis and then establish a foundation that allows them to build on their success. Providing resources and access to programs and services that allow them to develop the skills necessary to stand on their own two feet as we work to promote long-term self-sustainability.
2011-2012 Service Overviews
- Our Center provided services to 19,107 neighbors in need.
- Volunteers in our LEARN Works program donated 6,739 hours of their time and talent to help the 60 students enrolled in our after school tutoring and enrichment program. All 60 students were promoted to the next grade level!
- Our Community Dental Clinic saw a total of 1,628 children, adults and seniors.
- Our Free Clinic provided care to 1,358 patients, with 265 referrals to specialists.
- 541 patients were served by our Community Health Nurse.
- Our Life Compass program provided emergency services to 522 neighbors in need. 234 clients are receiving care management.
- More than 14,000 people didn't go hungry through the Loaves & Fishes food pantry.
- Volunteers donated more than 30,000 hours of their time and talent to the Ada Jenkins Center, with an estimated market value of more than $640,000!
We need the continued support of individuals and our community partners to continue to meet the needs of those coming to us for help. We are so grateful for the support we receive. Please help us spread the word about the needs in our community.