Support The Center
You can make a difference. No gift is too small. Your tax deductible donation helps individuals and families struggling in our community. Your gift stays local and is life changing. A little goes a long way at the Ada Jenkins Center. We want you to understand the real impact and learn about the real needs in your community. We invite you to take a tour of the Center.
While we used to see only low-income families struggle with poverty related issues, we continue to see increasing numbers of middle-income families facing these same challenges.
Continuing instability in the employment market, rising fuel and utility costs, and the price of housing in our area force many neighbors to live paycheck-to-paycheck. Many clients come to the Center in a crisis situation. We work with them to end the immediate crisis and then establish a foundation that allows them to build on their success. Providing resources and access to programs and services that allow them to develop the skills necessary to stand on their own two feet as we work to promote long-term self-sustainability.
2013-2014 Fast Facts
- 121 students were enrolled in our LEARN Works after school education and enrichment program. 99% were promoted to the next grade level.
- Our Community Dental Clinic served a total of 930 local and regional individuals and provided 1,523 patient visits
- Our Free Clinic provided care to 565 patients, conducted 1,297 patient visits and referred 265 patients to specialists.
- Our Community Health Nurse conducted 460 patient visits and served 250 patients.
- Lydia's Loft provided clothing to 1,583 neighbors in need through 3,041 services.
- Our Life Compass case management program provided emergency services to 668 neighbors in need which resulted in 2,230 services provided.
- 2,309 client-partners were served through the Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry resulting in 4,598 services
- Volunteers donated more than 20,950 hours of their time and talent to The Ada Jenkins Center.
We need the continued support of individuals and our community partners to continue to meet the needs of those coming to us for help. We are so grateful for the support we receive. Please help us spread the word about the needs in our community.