Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services
Food Stamps recertifications and Medicaid application assistance is available at Ada Jenkins every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. You must live in Huntersville, Davidson or Cornelius to come to the Ada Jenkins Center for this DSS service. DSS serves walk-in clients on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tracey Wallace will be at Ada Jenkins from 9am until 5pm; however, her availability for the day could be filled as early as 10 am, so clients may have to come back another day or go to Charlotte for assistance.
DSS Clients are Required to provide the following documentation:
- A Picture ID
- Check Stubs from previous month's work
- A Social Security # or card
- Paperwork regarding out-of-state child support
Clients applying for Medicaid, must also bring:
- Two forms of proof of residency
- A Birth certificate for EACH Medicaid applicant
- A Green Card if a lawful permanent resident