The mobile clinic provides quality dental care to those in need in the north Mecklenburg and south Iredell area. Basic dental services are provided (dental screenings, cleanings, fillings, extractions, oral health education and referrals to specialty services). Volunteer dental professionals (dentists, dental assistants, dental hygienists) provide the dental services. Patients are scheduled by appointment for dental services. New patient screenings are offered at each clinic.
To be a patient of the clinic you must be:
- Low income
- Without dental insurance or Medicaid
- Residing in north Mecklenburg (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson) or south Iredell (Mooresville, Troutman)
- Able to come to a clinic and have a new patient screening (new patients must bring photo identification and a second form of proof of address)
A $10 donation is requested per appointment. Patients will be seen regardless of whether the donation is made.
Clinics are normally held on:
- Two Wednesday evenings per month at First Baptist Church Huntersville, 119 Old Statesville Road at 6pm
- Two Fridays per month at The Ada Jenkins Center in Davidson at 9am
- Please contact the receptionist at The Ada Jenkins Center for specific clinic dates and times
Volunteer dental professionals (dentist, dental assistants, dental hygienists), retired dental professionals and students of the profession are needed to provide services to patients.
Other volunteers are also needed:
- Nurses or medical techs
- Spanish translators
- Front desk assistants
Monetary donations to assist with operation expenses or to help patients pay for specialty dental care such as crowns, root canals, and dentures are always welcome.
In-kind donations are also needed:
- Toothbrushes, tooth paste and floss
- Dental supplies donated from dental offices or supply companies
- Cleaning supplies such as swifter mopping pads, clear trash bags on a roll or tri-fold paper towels
- Hand sanitizer, hand soap in a pump bottle
Regional Clinic Program
The mobile facility is also available for lease by other groups in the surrounding area. The goal is to help other groups establish their own dental clinic by using our facility as the clinic. Regional users must pay a fee to use the facility and coordinate their own volunteers and patients. For more information on our regional clinic program contact Julie Melchor.
Our Regional Partners
- Urban Ministry Center - Charlotte
- Matthews Health Clinic
- Queen City Lions Club / Our Lady of Guadalupe church
- Salvation Army Women's Shelter - Charlotte
- East Lincoln Christian Ministries - Denver
- Lucia Baptist Church - Linoln/Gaston County
- NC Mission of Mercy - Charlotte Annual Clinic
Contact Julie Melchor, (704) 896-0471 x 104