LEARN Works has GROWN and we need your SUPPORT!
Linking Everyone to Achievement Resources Now
Volunteer at LEARN Works
- View the LEARN Works report card for current program highlights
- Make a secure, tax-deductible donation
The Ada Jenkins Center LEARN Works program, operating for more than 15 years, has established itself as a positive and productive program for the students, staff and volunteers. Students enrolled in the program are in grades one through eight and attend Davidson, Cornelius, JV Washam Elementary School and Bailey Middle School. Students are referred to the program by classroom teachers or school administrators because of a demonstrated need for additional academic support.
Our Basic Goals
- Promote Academic Development: Academic skill building, homework assignments, build academic confidence and perception of self as a student
- Foster Personal Growth: Encourage students to make positive choices by developing a strong set of social skills using the 7 Habits of Happy Kids curriculum
- Provide Enrichment Experiences: Access to a variety of activities that motivate, inspire, and enrich students' lives
Program fees are $50 fee per child per year. However, no child is turned away for the inability to pay.
Over our 2014-2015 school year, 123 volunteers have logged more than 7,503 hours of service to this program. LEARN Works enjoys the support of many local churches, civic groups, and other partners. However, we are always looking for volunteers, donations of healthy snacks, and financial support. Donations to support the program are tax deductible.